Handmade Soap on Etsy
I enjoy making and using cold process soap. It is nice to know that the soap I am creating is made of natural ingredients that are gentle on my skin and wholesome, overall. While I don't sell my soap on Etsy, I certainly could. If I were to sell my soap on Etsy, there are a few things that I would want to keep in mind.
1. The ideal image size for Etsy is 920 x 700 pixels. This image is longer than it is wide so a landscape orientation will work best when taking your picture.
2. Don't take an extreme close up. A Smartphone or Camera usually takes pictures at a higher resolution than 920 x 700. When you resize your photo, you will zoom in on the picture and if you have already taken a close up, you will end up cropping out part of your product.
3. Make sure your background compliments your product and does not compete for visual attention. You want your product to be the focus of the picture!
4. Take several shots from different angles. This gives you multiple pictures to choose from when you are selecting your photo. It also gives you the ability to post multiple pictures of your product so that the customer can see as much detail as possible.
5. Make sure that your final picture accurately represents your product. Are the colors true to life? Did the porportions remain intact when you resized the picture? Is there anything about the picture that is misleading?
I hope that these tips and your SHOTBOX help you take the best pictures possible and that your Etsy store is a huge success!
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.