Aussie Chicken Recipe
Makes 4 Servings
4 Chicken Breasts, Boneless & Skinless
8 oz Package of Sliced Mushrooms
12 Pieces of Bacon
1-2 T Seasoned Salt
2-4 T Honey Mustard
1-2 T Butter
2 C Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1 Green Onion, Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Remove excess pieces of fat. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and rub the salt in. Refrigerate while working on steps 3 & 4.
3. Saute mushrooms in butter until lightly browned and tender.
4. Cut bacon in half. Cook until lightly crisp.
5. Drain most of the bacon grease, leaving a nice coating in the pan. Cook the chicken breasts in the bacon greased pan over medium heat, 4-6 minutes each side until they are nicely browned. Cover pan with a lid while cooking.
6. Spray a baking tray with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper. Place the browned chicken breasts on the tray.
7. Spread honey mustard evenly across the top of the chicken breasts.
8. Lay 3 pieces of bacon halves over the honey mustard spread.
9. Layer sauteed mushrooms over the bacon.
10. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the mushrooms.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
12. Sprinkle green onions over cheese as a garnish.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.