Rice and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
Makes 6-8 Servings
1 Large Zucchini or 2 Medium Zucchini
1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
2 1/2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Basil, Dried
1/2 tsp Oregano, Dried
2-4 T Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut zucchini in half and scoop out seeds.
3. Lay zucchini face down on a baking sheet. Prebake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
4. While zucchini is baking, brown and crumble Italian Sausage.
5. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
6. Add the rice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, egg, salt, basil and oregano. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
7. Remove zucchini from the oven and flip it over so that the open side faces up. Fill each zucchini with the sausage and rice mixture.
8. Cover with tinfoil, sealing the edges, and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the tinfoil. Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese over the sausage and rice mixture. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.