Cinnamon Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Makes a 9 x 13 pan, 12-15 servings.
6-8 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 Cup Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Fill a large pot with water, 3/4 of the way full. Bring to a boil.
3. While water is coming to a boil, peel sweet potatoes and cut into bite sized chunks. Add to boiling water.
4. Boil for 15 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside.
5. In your large pot, over medium heat, combine butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, stirring occasionally until everything is melted together into a sauce.
6. Add the sweet potatoes and stir until they are evenly coated with sauce. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
7. Bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and spread 2 cups of marshmallows evenly across the top of the sweet potatoes. Optional: Sprinkle sliced almonds over marshmallows.
9. Return 9 x 13 pan to oven and bake for 2-4 more minutes, until marshmallows are golden brown.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.
Below you can see the setup inside the box. I knew that I wanted an extreme close up so I didn't worry about adding any props inside the SHOTBOX. I chose a neutral background and a simple wooden slat base in case any of the background ended up in the shot. I wanted some fill light on the front of the sweet potato casserole so I played around with a small pot light but that gave off a yellow hue so I used the sideshot arm for additional front lighting even though I did not use it to hold my camera. I wanted to be physically closer to the sweet potato casserole to get a nice, crisp close up shot. I'd say it turned out just as I wanted!