Handmade Christmas Cards
Merry Christmas Card
1. Cut white cardstock to 8 1/2" x 4 1/4".
2. Score the center so card folds to 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".
3. Cut red polka dot patterned paper to 4 1/4" x 3". Adhere it to the top, front of the card.
4. Cut white cardstock to 4 1/4" x 2". Cut the top so that it makes a curved edge that looks like the profile of a snowbank, making sure not to cut below 1 1/4" from the bottom edge. Draw a dotted line along the top, curved edge of the cardstock. Adhere the piece of paper to the bottom, front of the card so that it overlaps the red polka dot patterned paper.
5. Cut out three 1 1/4" squares from white cardstock. With markers, draw ribbons and bows on each square. Color in the remaining, white portion of the squares so that they look like bright, colorful presents. You could also use stickers or chip board presents. Adhere presents to front, left side of the card so that they overlap one another.
6.Cut out a snowman to 2" tall but 1 1/4" wide (at the widest point on the snowman). Color/draw in the details of a scarf, hat, nose, eyes, and other features. You could also use stickers or a chip board snowman. Adhere to the front, right side of the card so that the snowman sits behind the snowbank.
7. Write or stamp your message/greeting in the bottom, right hand side of the card.
1. Cut cream card stock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".
2. Score the center so card folds to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
3. Cut twine or string to 1", 2" and 3" lengths. Space them evenly across the top of the card so that the string hangs down the front of the card. Using small dabs of glue, adhere the strings to the card.
4. Take (or create) three 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" ornament embellishments/stickers and adhere them to the front of the card so that they "hang" from the string.
5. Take (or create) an 2 1/4" x 1/2" banner that says "BELIEVE" and adhere it to the bottom, left edge of the card so that it sits 1/2" above the bottom of the card.
1. Cut red striped cardstock to 2 1/4" x 2 3/4". Cut the top corners at an angle.
2. Cut a piece of lined cardstock to 1 3/4" x 2". Stamp a few snowflakes randomly across the lined cardstock. Write "To:" and "From:" on the lined cardstock. Adhere it to the front of the tag.
3. Take (or create) an embellishment that measures 2 3/4" x 1/2". Cut the short edges at an angle so that it creates a banner. Write BELIEVE on the banner. Adhere it to the bottom of the card so that it sits 1/2" above the bottom edge of the card.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.