White Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Makes 16 Cups
2 Bags Microwave Popcorn (I prefer Light Butter)
1 12 oz Bag Guittard Vanilla Milk Chips
2 Cups M&M's
1. Follow instructions on the bag to pop the microwave popcorn, one bag at a time.
2. Over the kitchen sink or garbage can, pour popped popcorn into a colander, shake it and stir it around, allowing the loose pieces of popcorn kernel shells to fall through the slots and allowing any unpopped kernels to settle at the bottom of the colander.
3. Gently scoop the popcorn into a large bowl, being careful to leave the unpopped kernels in the colander. Discard unpopped kernels.
4. Add M&M's to the bowl of popcorn.
5. Pour the vanilla milk chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat on half power for 2-3 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir the chips. When chips are fully melted, remove from the microwave.
6. Pour the melted vanilla milk chips over the popcorn and M&M's. Stir until popcorn mixture is evenly coated.
7. Spread coated popcorn onto a baking sheet and allow it to dry.
8. Use a spatula to remove popcorn from baking sheet and to break it up into small clusters.
*I used M&M's for my mixture but you can use many different types of candy. Some good ones are Gummy Bears, Candy Corn and Red Hots but use your imagination, use what you like and use what you have on hand!
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone.
Below you can see the setup inside the box. I used a piece of tile as my base and a piece of blue wallpaper that brought out the blue of the M&M's as a background. My focus was on the popcorn so there were no extra props.