Crockpot Ground Beef and Cabbage Soup
1-2 lbs Ground Beef
1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
24 oz Jar Marinara Sauce
6 Cups Beef Broth
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Yellow Onion, Finely Diced
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1/2 Head Cauliflower, Finely Diced
1/2 Head Cabbage, sliced/shredded
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Seasoned Salt
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes.
2. While onion is sauteeing, dice cauliflower and slice/shred cabbage. Set aside.
3. Add minced garlic to sauteed onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add ground beef and sausage. Season with salt, pepper, parsley and oregano. Cook until fully browned, breaking apart into small pieces as you cook.
5. Drain the fat and transfer meat into crockpot.
6. Stir in marinara sauce, beef broth, garlic powder, seasoned salt and diced cauliflower. Stir.
7. Add sliced/shredded cabbage and stir into soup until cabbage is fully incorporated.
8. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours, until cabbage is tender.
9. Taste soup and add more seasonings if necessary.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone.
Below you can see the setup inside the box. I used a charcoal vinyl floor tile as the base and set a small placemat on top of it. I used a piece of ceramic tile as my background. As I was taking the pictures, I was photographing with one hand while I was raising the soup spoon with the other to give the picture some depth and visual interest. The soup went over well with my family and I would say it was a hit!