Makes 8" x 8" Pan, 9 Servings
1/2 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Corn Meal
3/8 tsp Salt
1 1/8 Cups (or 1 Cup plus 2 TBSP) Milk
Optional - 1/2 Cup Canned Corn
1. Mix butter and sugar together until creamy.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Mix each egg until it is fully incorporated into the butter mixture.
3. Add dry ingredients. Mix until a dry batter forms.
4. Add milk. Stir until fully incorporated into the batter.
5. Optional - Add canned corn and mix until it is dispersed throughout the batter.
6. Pour batter into greased 8x8 pan.
7. Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Test with a toothpick to see if bread is fully cooked.
8. Serve with honey and butter or eat it as is. Either way, enjoy!
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone.
Below you can see the setup inside the box. I used a bright yellow placemat for my base and my background. I liked the texture in the placemat and the fact that the bright yellow brought out the darker colors of the individual kernels of corn within the bread. I used the sideshot arm for additional front lighting as well as for a base to hold my phone as I took pictures from various heights and angles.