Pistachio Pie Recipe
Makes a 9 x 13 Pan, 12-16 Servings
Step 1: Crust
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Melt butter.
3. Mix flour, melted butter and chopped nuts until it forms a thick paste.
4. Press into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Crust will not be brown.
6. Allow crust to cool.
Step 2: Cream Cheese Layer
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
2. Spread over cooled crust.
Step 3: Pistachio Layer
3 Cups Milk
2 3.5 Ounce Packages Pistachio Pudding Mix
1 Cup Cool Whip (from an 8 ounce container)
1. Mix pudding powder with milk for 2 minutes, until thick.
2. Fold in cool whip.
3. Pour over crust and cream cheese layer. Spread evenly.
4. Refrigerate until set.
Step 4: Cool Whip
Remainder of 8 Ounce Container of Cool Whip
Chopped Pecans or Walnuts (optional)
1. Spread remainder of cool whip over pistachio pudding layer.
2. Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Go to shotbox.me to learn more about the SHOTBOX.
Photo shot with SHOTBOX and my Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone.
Below you can see the setup inside the box. I used a base and a background from the SB Prints Grunge Collection but then I zoomed in so much on the pistachio pie that the base didn't show at all and the background was very minimal. When I layed the plate flat on the base of the SHOTBOX, the piece of pie looked as if it was sloping away from the front of the plate so I placed a light puck underneath the back side of the plate to prop it up at an angle. That did the trick and adjusted the perspective of the pie so that it no longer appeared to be disappearing into the back of the plate.